- Calculators- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Calendars & Planners- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Notepads & Notebooks- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Scissors- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Presentation Boards & Easels- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Pencils & Pencil Sharpeners- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Pens- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Whiteboards- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Bulletin Boards & Cork Boards- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Highlighters & Markers- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Glue- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Erasers- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Binders- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Folders- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Rulers- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Locker Accessories
- Teaching & Classroom Supplies
Tips for buying essential school supplies
Whether the back-to-school season is near or you re looking to complete your little one s supplies during the year, the wide selection of school supplies at Every Day Low Prices from Daily Saves makes it easy to find the items you need without the high price tag. We offer individual supplies and value bundles so you can supply your kids with the exact items they need. From fresh inks and pens to notebooks and binders, your kids will have everything to get off on the right foot.
Notebooks and binders
The type of notebooks your kids need depends on the grade they're in and the requirements of the school. Common choices include spiral notebooks and writing pads. Notebooks may feature college ruling marking and many of them are also three-hole punched so your kids can store them easily in their favorite binder. You can usually save more money by purchasing packs of notebooks or writing pads than going for individual items.
Pens and ink
Pens are essential school supplies for pupils of all ages, so it's important to consider the various types available and choose a type that suits your child. Gel, ballpoint and felt-tip are just some of the types you can find.
- Fountain pens work with ink from a bottle, or most commonly with disposable cartridges that are less messy. This type of pen is great for creating a classic look and enhancing handwriting.
- Ballpoint pens are ideal if you don t want constant ink smudges. These low-maintenance pens are generally disposable, but in some cases, you may refill them.
- Gel pens use a water-based ink and they're available in multiple shades. they're a good choice for those who don t want to replace their pen every week.
- Felt-tip pens are an easy way to produce attractive, colored handwriting, but you need to remember to put the lid back on immediately or else you ll be left with a dried up pen.
Older children generally need a scientific or graphing calculator for their complicated math classes. These calculators are useful when it comes to geometry or algebraic equations because they help students visualize various concepts.
- When shopping for a graphing calculator, make sure you purchase a model that's the permitted for the tests your child is going to take, such as SATs, AP, ACT or others, as not all calculators are allowed on all tests.
- Some key features to look for in a graphing calculator include a rechargeable battery, ability to use images, color display, user available memory and availability of computer software.
- Courses that your child may need a graphing calculator for are Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Earth science and more.
highlighters and markers
Using a highlighter for calling attention to specific information is a great habit, so make sure you purchase the right highlighters for school. Highlighters and markers are also useful additions to your child's art supply collection.
- The tip size is an important feature to consider when shopping for highlighters, as small texts require a highlighter with a small tip, while highlighters with wider tips work well with larger fonts.
- Some highlighters are erasable, which may come in handy for those moments you make an accidental mark on the desk.
- Look for fast drying highlighters to avoid smearing the ink and getting spots on the back of the pages.
Besides basic supplies, children of all ages can benefit from various learning tools that come in the form of dictionaries, atlases, learning books, learning software and microscope kits.
- Learning tools for preschoolers and children up to age 7 generally come in the form of learning toys and play sets that range from touch and teach books for learning new words to problem-solving software.
- Science and education learning tools include microscope kits that allow children to learn more about things such as the botanical world, geology, geography and more. A political globe is useful for children to learn the capital states of countries around the world, while a lab kit makes a great introduction into the world of chemistry.
- Dictionaries come in all sizes for children to take with them to school or consult at home, and they're valuable tools when it comes to polishing English skills or learning a new language.