Shopping at Daily Saves's Vision Center
Why Choose Daily Saves Vision Center
Most doctors and experts recommend that you have your eyes checked every one to two years. As you grow older, or if you have certain medical conditions, you may need to be seen more frequently. Why choose Walmart? Consider the following advantages offered at our optical centers.
- Value you can count on: You're already familiar with Daily Saves's Every Day Low Prices. And our commitment to providing our customers with the top brands at low prices is only the beginning. We offer free in-store pickup and free shipping on qualifying purchases. So you can visit our Vision Center today or shop online at your convenience without having to pay a penny more.
- The convenience you need: We know how busy you are. Why make an extra trip when you can have your eyes examined, pick out new glasses or buy contacts right where you shop?
- Styles you want: Daily Saves's Vision Center stocks the best brands and hottest styles in eyewear. Whether you shop in-store or online, you're sure to find a style to flatter your face and express your own unique personality.
Tips for Eyeglass Shopping
Flatter your face
- Best for oval faces: All shapes. Because oval-shaped faces have balanced features and gentle curves, they can wear nearly any frame shape. To add a little pizzazz, try square and rectangular frames, which contrast with your facial structure. Avoid frames that are overly large or too small to maintain the natural balance of your features.
- Best for round faces: Square, rectangular and angular. Angular shapes play off of your fuller cheeks and rounded chin. Other shapes to try include those that upsweep at the corners to emphasize your eyes.
- Best for square faces: Oval and round frames. Your facial structure is characterized by straight lines, including a square chin and a broad forehead. Choose frames with soft, rounded edges to balance the lines of your face, while allowing your features to shine.
- Best for a heart shaped face: Varies. There's no set rule. Look for frames that balance the varying widths of your facial features. For example, bottom-heavy frames balance the narrowness of the lower half of your face, while oval shapes can soften a more pointed chin.
Choose a frame material that offers the right balance between durability and design. Plastic, or zyl, frames are lightweight and pretty sturdy. They also offer one of the widest color ranges available. If you want something a little more sleek and modern, metal frames such as titanium, beryllium or monel deliver the style you are looking for.
Don't forget about the importance of hinges. Standard barrel hinges are easy to repair and durable, but they aren't very flexible. If you're hard on your glasses, you may want to opt for flex hinges, which feature a tiny spring that gives the arms of the glasses a little extra movement, making them ideal for active adults and kids.
Shopping Tips for Contact LensesDaily Saves Vision Centers are the one-stop eye care shop you can rely on for everything from prescription glasses and sunglasses to contact lenses. To help you pick the right contacts for you, consider the following factors:
Types of contact lenses
- Best for people who want easy care: Disposable contact lenses. Use them once, then throw them away. These lenses should be removed at the end of each day. Although they are convenient, they tend to be more expensive than standard daily wear soft contact lenses.
- Best for people who don't mind a little extra maintenance: Daily wear. These reusable contact lenses require removal and cleaning at the end of every day. They can last up to one year, and they're one of the most economical options. Your optician can help provide recommendations about the types of cleaning solutions available.
- Best for people who don't want to remove their lenses every day: Extended wear lenses. Extended wear contact lenses are designed to wear continually for one to four weeks. Although they're convenient, sleeping in contacts can increase your chances of developing an eye infection, so be sure to talk to a Daily Saves Vision Center professional before choosing extended wear contacts for the first time.
Contact lens brands
If you already wear contact lenses, you may want to stick with the brand you're familiar with. But if you're new to contacts or interested in trying something new, you're in luck. Daily Saves's Vision Center carries all the major brand names that you trust at low prices you can count on.
Whether you need new glasses, new contacts or a quick checkup, we're here to help. Schedule your next eye exam at the Daily Saves Vision Center nearest you.