I researched many portable AC's before picking this 8,000 btu unit. It has sleep mode and dims the lights and runs as quiet as any portable gets on 2019 down to 52 decimals. You can sleep right next to it and I do - in a 10X12 bedroom which it keeps reasonably cool. It is not as strong as a window unit (no portable is) but it gets the job done! I am very happy! Jet service was excellent as well!
- Maximum Room Size170 sq ft
- Is Energy Star-CertifiedN
- Is PortableY
About This Item
- EXCLUSIVE 1-2-5 WARRANTY: Your Emerson Quiet Kool Wi-fi enabled AC comes with an industry-exclusive 1-2-5 warranty that covers 1 year of labor, 2 years of parts, and 5 years on the compressor. Buy and use with confidence.
- QUIET COOLING FOR SMALL ROOMS: This 8,000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 4,900 BTU (DOE) portable AC efficiently cools up to 300 sq. ft. At 50dB, this unit is among the quietest in the industry, making it ideal for bedrooms, nurseries, home offices, and other small sized rooms. Included window kit and hose fit windows from 26.6 to 50.7 inches in width.
- BUCKETLESS DESIGN: The auto-evaporation system efficiently removes water created by the natural dehumidification process, allowing for a bucketless design that doesn’t routinely need draining (except on the most humid days of the year).
- FLEXIBLE FUNCTIONALITY: Three modes (fan, cool, dry, and heat) give you ultimate flexibility for year-round use. Three fan speeds give you control over your comfort. Powerful dehumidification (up to 2.5 pints per hour) dries your space quickly.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIMER AND SLEEP MODE: Integrated 24-hour timer can be set via on-board controls or remote control. Intelligent sleep mode takes it one step further by slowly adjusting the temperature and fan speed to keep you comfortable overnight while saving you energy and money.
- Portable AC for cooling a room up to 300 sq. ft.
- 8000 BTU ASHRAE / 5000 BTU DOE
- Auto-evaporation technology and single-hose exhaust system for hassle-free spot cooling
- 1-2-5 years warranty! (1 year labor, 2 years parts and 5 years compressor)
- 24-hour timer allows you to preset the time to turn on or off the machine
- Flexible options include Cool, Dry and Fan modes
- Dehumidification up to 2.5 pints per hour
- Sleep function adjusts temperature for overnight comfort
- Digital display and variable electronic temperature control from 62°F to 86°F
- Choice of 3 fan speeds (low, medium and high) to achieve and maintain your comfort level
- Remote control for convenient operation from anywhere in the room
- During an outage, Auto-Restart resumes operating at its previous settings when electricity is restored
- Easy-to-access filter reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a healthier, more comfortable environment
- 4 caster wheels easily roll unit from place to place, plus side handles for easy lifting and carrying
- 5.9-ft. long LCDI cord with NEMA 5-15 plug uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Includes window venting kit for quick and easy setup in double hung or sliding windows
- Window Dimensions Height (minimum): 7.2 inches
- Window Dimensions Width (min/max): 26.6 - 50.7 inches
- U.L. listed
proposition 65 reasons:Lead
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause both cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Emerson Quiet Kool
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
Emerson Quiet Kool
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
12.80 x 17.30 x 27.40 Inches
Customer reviews & ratings
I am very happy!
NICE and cool!
Blows cold ... no hot air leaks at unit or window opening. This is my 4th purchase of a portable A/C unit. The first 3 would leak hot exhaust air either from the rear of the unit or at the vent located in the window. All 3 previous units were returned to Sam's with no difficulty. (Sam's is the best whenever I have to return BAD products.) This A/C is working fine and I will keep it for the long haul
This little compact a/c unit is wonderful! I bought it for my shed 16x12 and it keeps it cool. Even when the temperature outside is 100•. Would purchase this again.
My first time purchasing a portable A/C. I have had it for two weeks and have to say it cools our small bedroom fine, sometimes I just have to turn it off it gets so cool in there. I do hear the fan, but it doesn't keep up. The only rub I have against it is the bright light on it. Had to put a cloth over it at nigh. Otherwise it performs well , as I said I don't have anything to compare it to. I do recommend it.
We bought this in the spring and put it in the master bedroom and it is quieter than the window air conditioner. We really like it and plan to get another one for the other bedroom. It is super easy to install.
Works very well. I Use it in an upstairs bedroom to assist the whole house air conditioner. It has an automatic feature. Set the temp and it cycles on and off to keep the set temperature. The fan is loud when it kicks on. It disturbs my sleep. My husband suggested I set it on Manuel and low fan. The noise level is much better and does not cycle off and on. Over all I give it a 4 star
Great A/C with a poorly designed Window kit, and user manual
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] quiet and efficient, but installation instructions do not show how the window plates are sided and are lacking. The Window kit leaks and is poorly designed for such a quality product. I found the user instructions on using a timer to be confusing enough to want to avoid using this feature.
Not quiet at all but looks good and easy to set up
It is really loud. Its called quiet cool which is why I selected this model. Very loud. Looks good and easy to setup.
- Ease of use
- For bedroom
- Noise level
Works, but only moderately
Underpowered -- This unit might cool an area under 100 sqft, but not a larger room. Air coming out of the unit is moderately cool. My thermometer says its in the low 60's but when its 90 degrees that doesn't help a lot.
Emerson up profits with Switcheroo!
I bought this unit because of the oval low-profile window insert (advertised and shown on both Daily Saves and Amazon's website) which offers far more security for one-story homes or lower level apartments. After almost broking my back to get this unit home from the store, (after already waiting a week for it during blazing heat) I then find out that Emerson has changed the insert to the super-generic and much wider and larger round (and I'm sure much cheaper for them) insert which makes it so much easier now for thieves to get access into your house or apartment when you are not there. Emerson claims that it was last years model that had the oval window insert, (but with the same exact model number as mine) and magically now they do not have any more oval inserts or even access to just one more (for me), while also claiming that they are no longer even made. Funny how many other companies are still offering these oval inserts with (some of) their units, isn't it? Plus these oval low-profile inserts are being sold (separately) online, but a supergiant company like Emerson can't get access to just one more. Why should I have to now go online and spend another $40 or more on what was supposed to be included? Plus most of those 3rd party oval inserts being sold or made super-cheap and flimsy, and are not a good fit a lot of buyers are claiming. Customer service used to be so much better in the past, and sadly it is so rapidly deteriorating along with the quality of products now being made. I will update this review if Emerson (been on the phone for 3 days with them, and they promised that a supervisor would call me back on Monday, but now I am pretty sure that I'm getting nothing but the run-around) decides to supply me with the oval insert that they have Daily Saves, Amazon and I am sure everyone else all advertising that comes with this unit. PS. Plus to make this even much worst, I can't even attach the insert that came with it onto the back of a board before placing it into the window (for much added security) because this insert, unlike all of the oval inserts, is not completely flat on either side, making it impossible ( or at the very least far more difficult with a lot of modifications) to get a good or decent seal against the (outside) board. I think that this may well be the 1st one-star I have ever given in years out of hundreds and mainly majority 5 stars that I normally give. I waited a week (while my bedroom roasted) for it to come to the store, and now I have to rebox it and wrestle it back to the store and find a different unit (not from Emerson) and hope that they haven't also pulled a profit-making switcheroo while still having all of their sellers advertising something different which is what Emerson is purposely doing.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question